During a lazy saturday afternoon perusing the isles at About Life Bondi junction, I ran into Lee, the author of Supercharged Foods, who introduced me to these amazing almonds. I was hooked at first bite. As an avid snacker I am always on the lookout for new and interesting products to tantalise my taste buds, but also be beneficial for my body. With an intense crunch, hint of sea salt and splash of apple cider vinegar, these almonds are the perfect pick me-up snack.
Aside from the taste, these activated almonds also pack a nutritional punch. Lee from Supercharged Foods explains how these almonds are a notch above the rest:
How are they made?
Almonds are soaked for 12 hours in filtered water. This deactivates enzyme inhibitors, which interfere with the absorption of proteins and nutrients and cause digestive distress for many people. Soaking nuts allows enzymes to neutralize phytic acid and break down complex starch, making them easy to digest. Nuts are then dehydrated at 49°C for 6 hours resulting in a nutrient-dense, enzyme-rich, raw snack.
Why so healthy?
Activated Almonds are infused with sea salt and ACV, making them a natural snack to boost metabolism and support immune system function. Sea salt contains 84 minerals, is vital for balancing sugar levels in the blood. ACV alkalinizes the body and is a natural bacteria-fighting agent. Almonds are a vitamin & mineral rich anti-inflammatory & help lower LDL cholesterol. For more info visit the website:
For more information about the almonds, as well as healthy tasty recipes, visit the website: www.superchargedfood.com
I personally live on nuts as a snack. If you opened my cupboard it would look like a squirrel was preparing for hibernation. But this squirrel also loves to share! I am happy to announce that Lee from Supercharged Foods was kind enough to send me a few packs of Activated Almonds to giveaway to my lovely readers.
- Enter for a chance to win 1 of 3 packs of Organic Activated Almonds.
- 3 separate winners will be selected
- Giveaway is restricted to residents of Australia only
How to enter
Receive up to 4 entries by:
- Facebook: subscribe to Lee Supercharged and share this post
- Subscribe: Sign up for Lee’s monthly newsletter
- Twitter: Follow Lee on twitter and tweet something like: I’ve entered to win 1 or 3 packs of activated almonds @LeeSupercharged @healthydivablog -> http://the-healthy-diva.com/2012/02/07/organic-activated-almonds-giveaway/
- Comment: What is your favourite kind of nut?
Please leave a *separate comment* for each entry!
The giveaway will be open until midnight Sunday February 12 with the winners announced on Monday February 13