Hello sunshine, how nice of you to show yourself today!!!
Let me just say that we’ve been experiencing a pretty weird summer here in Sydney, Australia. It’s been overcast and rainy most days which is NOT NORMAL! And to be honest it really puts a damper on my mood having to stare out at the gloomy clouds and tote an umbrella everywhere.
But today all of that has vanished. The sky is bright blue, the sun is shining and it finally feels like summer. Summer is my favourite season by far. The days are longer, the beaches are packed, and everything comes alive.
Another thing I love about summer is the food. Fresh fruit like berries, mangos, and melon come into season and burst with flavour. I also consider summer ‘salad season’. While I enjoy salads all year long, the produce available in summer makes for a much more exciting and vibrant salad.
Something about sunshine just makes you feel light, fresh, and energetic. And trust me this salad will too. Packed with anti-oxidant rich fruit, lean protein, and healthy fats, this zesty salad will keep you slim and satisfied!
Zesty Chicken Salad with Summer Fruit
Featured on Allergy Free Wednesdays
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup rockmelon, diced
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 200g cooked skinless chicken breast, diced
- Coriander leaves for garnish
Zesty Lime dressing
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (Alternatively use 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus 1 clove of crushed garlic)
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients for the dressing in a small jar. secure the lid and shake thoroughly to combine. Set aside
- Place salad greens and chopped celery in a large bowl. Add half the dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide greens and celery evenly between two plates or bowls. Top each with rockmelon, blueberries and chopped chicken. Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Drizzle with extra dressing and serve.
To download a printable version of this recipe click here: Zesty Chicken Salad with Summer Fruit