The other day while perusing the fruit bowl in the kitchen I noticed our bunch of bananas was getting particularly brown. Not wanting them to go to waste I quickly thought up what I could make. I was in the mood for something sweet, but didn’t want to labour away making anything too complicated. I thought about making another batch of my fabulous Paleo Banana Bread, but when I looked in the cupboard I realized I didn’t have any almond meal. So I put my thinking cap on and what I came up with was nothing short of sensational. This recipe is paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and can be made sugar free too. But best of all it takes about 5 minutes to put together; just blend and bake!
Paleo Peanut Butter Banana Blondies
Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking time: 20 – 25 minutes
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- ½ cup natural peanut butter or other nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or 2 tbsp raisins (for sugar free option)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease and line an 8 x 8 inch brownie pan with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until all ingredients are incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Will keep refrigerated for up to one week or frozen for up to 3 months.
To download a printable version click here: Paleo Peanut Butter Banana Blondies
Hope you guys enjoy!