Hey there and happy Monday!!! Feels like this one came around really fast. Before we get started today i just wanted to take a second to wish the most beautiful woman in the world a happy birthday. That lovely lady is my Mom! She is the best and I love her to pieces!
Today’s motivational Monday is a real gem. Why is that? Well today I’m talking about a new diet! And it’s one you probably haven’t heard of yet. It’s called the Digital Detox Diet.
Yep that’s right…forget about carbs and protein, it’s time to slim down your screen time.
In today’s society we always seem to be connected. We’re constantly checking and updating facebook, looking through countless emails, or playing games while waiting for public transport. And to be honest, it’s really not necessary. I personally do not have a smarty pants phone and I’m thankful for it.
I’m not denying that the technology is awesome and super fun at times. That’s a given! But I do believe it is starting to consume us. So today I’m posing a challenge for you: a digital detox! Cutting down your screen time is simple and will only be beneficial to your health. Here are a few ways to get started:
- Make a commitment to shut down your computer at a given time each day.
- Avoid checking email incessantly. Check it once at 12pm and once at 4pm to save time and maximise responses.
- Instead of playing games on your phone, read a book.
- Avoid time wasting machines and social media: facebook, twitter, pinterest, etc. Use that time to go outside for a run, or cook a meal to share with loved ones.
- Turn off your TV, get your family together and play a board game.
- Turn off your phone at night.
- Choose one day on the weekend to totally unplug and avoid all technology.