Yesterday morning I woke up and lay in bed, pondering what to make for breakfast. Oats? Nah….Scrambled eggs? hmmm maybe…or Pancakes??? Ding ding ding we have a winner!!!
By the time I finally peeled myself out of bed I was pretty darn hungry. I wanted pancakes like 5 minutes ago. So I threw some ingredients in my blender, hoping for the best. A few minutes later I had silver dollar pancakes sizzling in my skillet. While my pancakes were a sizzling I decided to make a quick blueberry syrup to go on top. I simply took some frozen blueberries and nuked them in the microwave for a couple of minutes, stirring a few times until they reduced down.
I hadn’t made pancakes in forever and a day, so you can imagine my excitement when I sat down and dove in. I took my first bite, and quite literally did a happy dance in my chair. Oh pancakes how I’ve missed you so.
Paleo Protein Pancakes!
Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 10 – 15 mins Serves 1
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 heaping tsp protein powder (I used brown rice protein)
- 1 heaping tsp coconut flour
- t heaping tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Coconut oil
- Blueberry syrup: 1/2 cup frozen blueberries microwaved for 2 – 3 mins
- Combine all ingredients, except coconut oil in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat and grease with coconut oil
- Make several pancakes by pour 1/4 cup of batter into different sections of the pan. Cook until bubbles form on top, then carefully flip and cook for a further 2-3 mins.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with lid to keep warm
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with warm blueberry syrup.