Hey guys! How was your week? Good, bad, or somewhere in between? Regardless of how it went, you can relax now because the weekend is here!!! Which means taking time out to do things YOU enjoy. Maybe it’s a run outside, catching up with friends, or perusing the morning paper over a leisurely breakfast. Whatever floats your boat!
For me, catching up on my Google reader is something I look forward to. It’s my alternative to the morning paper, and the reads are usually much more inspiring than the world news, which I often find a little sad. Anyone else?
I love reading about people’s adventures, mishaps, or tales of inspiration. But most of all I love sharing my favourite finds with you guys! So let’s get some link loving underway!
1. Check out these awesome travel videos titled Move, Learn, Eat posted by Peace.Love.Nutrition.
I was so moved and inspired when I watched these videos (and the guy in them is pretty hot too!)
2. Get back on track with 12 Things Highly Productive People Do Differently by Marc from Marc and Angel Hack Life
These tips are super useful. I especially like number 1, 3, and 5. Heck they are all helpful! I printed these out and posted them on my corkboard to remind myself that I need to stay focused when studying (because a 5 minute facebook break just doesn’t happen….and don’t even get me started on pinterest. That thing is the ultimate time-wasting machine!)
3. Always wanted to do a headstand but have no idea how? Lulu’s got your back. Check out 5 steps to headstand by Carolyn Anne Budgell on Lululemon’s Blog
4. If you are looking for some beauty and style inspiration, head on over to Running On Happiness where Katie shares great fashion finds, DIY tutorials, and lots more! I used this tutorial to try out a new-to-me hair-do for adventurous april: The Top Knot.
5. Anyone else have a crush on Ryan Gosling? I think he’s quite a stud, and seeing these ‘Hey Girl, Gluten-Free’ pics on tumblr makes me like him even more.
6. Ridiculous, insane, delicious. Those are the only words that came to mind when I saw this Tim Tam Cake by Steph from Raspberri Cupcakes. It’s not gluten free or dairy free or anything like that…but it is awe inspiring!
If you’ve never had a Tim Tam before you are totally missing out! The traditional version is two layers of choc malt biscuit with a light chocolate creme filling in between, all covered in chocolate. And this cake has a whole pack hidden inside. Sounds healthy right? My advice if you make this cake – enjoy in moderation. Or if you are after something savoury and slightly more figure friendly then check out Steph’s Ginger Beer Pulled Pork. It looks totally devine!
7. Seeing as we’re on the topic of food, let’s throw some healthy meal ideas into the mix. One product that I’m really loving lately is tahini. It is so much more than just ‘that stuff you add to hummus’, right Katie? So here are a few fun ways to incorporate tahini into your meals:
- Try it as part of a salad dressing. Like in this Moroccon spiced quinoa, buckwheat and eggplant salad by Maria at Scandi Foodie.
- Make the ultimate condiment to compliment all your eats. Try some Tahini Ketchup by Katie from Katie Did. Basically the two best foods coming together to tantalise your taste buds.
- Use it in a soup recipe. Try this Carrot and Tahini Soup with Pita Crisps from the New York Times