It’s time for another edition of Link Love. But before we get started with that I wanted to give you guys an update on a few things like my fitness routine, how the hypnotherapy is going, and a few other random things.
I can’t believe I’m actually in Phase 3 of LiveFit Trainer. I’m really proud of myself for sticking with the program and can’t believe there are only 4 weeks left until I finish. I haven’t followed the program 100% though. I don’t do as much cardio as the program advises, or follow the nutrition guide provided. Instead I have focused on increasing my strength through the weight training, and going for brisk walks because I love them. I also tend to have more rest days than advised to let my body fully recover. This way I am able to put in my best effort every time I hit the gym.
The Results so far…
I have definitely noticed that my strength and stamina has increased dramatically from the consistent training, and that my posture is better too! I have added some muscle to my frame and am feeling pretty toned and terrific. I’ve been taking progress shots along the way and can’t wait to share those with you when I finish the program!
A few weeks ago I told you guys I was going to try hypnotherapy to ease my irritable bowel symptoms. So far I’ve had 3 sessions with the therapist and have 2 more left. It’s been an enlightening experience and has helped me considerably. The most important thing I’ve learned is that I have to take time out and de-stress. And this has been HARD! The program requires that I listen to a recording everyday that goes for 30 minutes and helps to soothe the gut by taking you through some guided imagery. At the beginning I really had to force myself to do it, but now I look forward to the relaxation.
In our sessions the therapist has also provided me with some valuable tools that have helped control my symptoms. Hypnotherapy for IBS works on the basis that there is a large connection between what goes on in your brain and your gut. By empowering your mind and visualising yourself healthy you should be able to reduce your symptoms over time.
My thoughts so far…
I still have a few more weeks to go, but in general I’ve been feeling pretty good! I still get symptoms, but they are more manageable than before. She has advised that results take time, but so far I’m quite happy with how it’s going. If anything I’ve learned some valuable relaxation techniques that I can use throughout my life.
The other stuff
- I’m back at University now! Apologies if I don’t post as often. I’m probably just trying to wrap my brain around all the stuff they throw at us each day. I love my blog, but I also know that studying is super important, and well….that has to win out sometimes.
- I’ve been nominated!!! I’ve had the pleasure of being nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by Building This Nest and Andrea Drugay . I’ve also been nominated for the Liebster Blog award by Whit Likes Fit. Thanks guys!!! I know I’m supposed to share lots of random facts about myself and link to other blogs, but ‘Other stuff #1′ means I have to spend today studying neuroscience. Yeah…that’s about as exciting as it sounds. So instead I’m going to link to my A to Z survey where you can find out 26 different things you probably didn’t know about me.
And now on to the links! This one is slightly holiday inspired as Easter is coming up next week, but also has a few motivational, fitness and fun links as well. Hope you enjoy!
1. Natural New Age Mum gives you the run down of Healthy Easter Treats. She’s got recipes, links to allergy friendly products, and ideas for crafty activities to keep us entertained.
2. Oh Martha, if only I were as creative as you! If you need table arrangements, flowers, decorating ideas, craft projects for the kids or some yummy Easter recipes then Martha has you covered.
3. What’s your #PROOF? Join the fitfluential team in keeping track of how you keep fit! Record and tweet about your #PROOF to inspire others to do the same and keep yourself accountable.
4. Taking care of others around you is just important as taking care of yourself. Read Kate Scarlata’s lovely story about how It Takes a Village to raise a family, and the importance of nurturing relationships.
5. Good skin care is essential to looking fresh and feeling good. Ashley from The Edible Perspective gives a rundown of some lovely Homemade Natural Skincare Products you can add to your beauty routine.
I'll be trying to coffee grounds in a skin scrub recipe. It helps tighten skin and diminish cellulite!
6. The Happy Dietitian gives you her 20 Sexiest Photos of the Month. There is some lovely eye candy, wicked hairstyles and some awesome fashion finds.
So chic! I want that it all
7. If you can’t afford to take a holiday anytime soon, then be an armchair adventurer instead! Kate Scarlata takes you to Puerto Rico where she drinks rum from a coconut, peruses the local produce, and even goes zip lining in the rainforest (how cool is that!).
8. And of course no link love would be complete without some fabulous recipes and nutrition advice from around the jaunt.
What are your plans for this weekend?
What links are you loving lately?